The Freedom Bike Ride will be back again this year and this fundraiser bicycle event will take place on Sunday, June 23, 2019! From training wheels to triathlon competitors, all are welcome at the 3rd annual Red, Ride, and Blues Freedom Bike Ride! This new and improved ride will include two different loop routes, 28 miles and 45 miles, that will pass though Marion, Cedar Rapids, Center Point, and Hiawatha. This year the theme will be root beer! From kegs of root beer, to root beer floats, to maybe even pulled pork root beer sandwiches?! this theme will capture it all!
- Registration fee: $40 - includes meal after the ride and button, which must be worn during the ride (register here)
- Same day registration begins at 9:00am at Lowe Park
- Starting location: Lowe Park in Marion
- Ending location: Lowe Park in Marion
- Choose from 28 mile or 45 mile loop route (see route map below)
- Start Times: 45 mile - 10:30am 28 miles - 11:00am
- Rest stops with restrooms and snacks along the route
- Designated stops at the following locations: Papa Juans, Sag Wagon downtown, Parlor City Ice Cream, Iowa Brewing Company, Great American Popcorn, Lion Bridge and Lucky Penny.
Schedule of Events:
- Meal served from 2:00pm - 6:00pm at Lowe Park
- Enjoy entertainment from Boot Jack Duo from 2:00pm - 6:00pm
- Giveaway announcement at 5:00pm
- Packets can be picked for the bike ride beginning on June 19th at BankIowa - 7045 C Ave NE, Cedar Rapids, during bank hours.
- Friday, June 21st the bank will remain opened until 5:30pm
- Saturday, June 22nd the bank will be opened from 9:00am - 11:30am
- Same day packet pickup begins at 9:00am
- Giveaways courtesy of Northtowne Cycling & Fitness
- Bike Decorating available
- In the case of inclement weather, a refund will not be given.
- Rest stops close at 4pm
28 Mile Route
45 Mile Route
THANK YOU TO OUR AWESOME COMMUNITY PARTNERS FOR YOUR VITAL SUPPORT!!!
ASSISTANCE WITH PLANNING, PROMOTION AND ONSITE SUPPORT!
Onsite product, assistance, and repairs!!!
Click here to register!