Get OUT and explore the area's parks and walking trails (safely) while searching for this year's Medallion (a 4 inch acrylic disc imprinted with the 2020 Festival Logo).
$500 (Hy-Vee Gift Card) is on the line for one lucky winner, courtesy of Presenting Sponsor, Hy-Vee!!
Clues will be released - one per day - beginning Monday, June 22nd, 2020 until the Medallion has been found!
If you find the Medallion, immediately call Karol Shepherd, Events & Marketing Director, at 319-573-2288.
Find the clues at 12:00 AM (CST) each day:
The Freedom Festival Facebook page
www.freedomfestival.com in the News & Updates section (located at the bottom left of the Home page)
KCRG-TV9 will announce the clues each day during their newscasts
Z102.9 will announce clues on the air and on their Facebook page too!
* The Medallion will NOT be underground - no digging necessary
* The Medallion will NOT be inside any type of electrical or outside meter or equipment - Please stay away from all utility fixtures (You will NOT find the Medallion there)
* The Medallion WILL be hidden outside and on PUBLIC land that is accessible to all.
* The Cedar Rapids METRO Area includes: Marion, Hiawatha, Robins, Ely, Palo and Fairfax.
* Please respect public land - although the Medallion will NOT be in plain sight, you will NOT have to damage property to retrieve it.
* Please respect all applicable hours of operations in public parks and green spaces and any other posted rules